Sonntag, 29. April 2012

Marc Fornes times three

Heya fans of culture,


I‘ve come across this one artist several times now! 
Marc Fornes is actually an architect which you can almost guess by his insane pieces.
He does installations, mostly in metal or aluminium, that look like crazy computerized actual real shapes or very modern corrals. Well, at least that is my opinion. He is a genius in engineering as you can clearly tell by the way his pieces are constructed. 

I saw the first piece by him as I was walking through the streets of Paris through the window of Inception Gallery.
Then again, I came across a wonderful black and white piece by him at Art Paris 2012 and  I even got photographed infront of it, because my outfit matched. And then, finally I found an installation by him at Centre Pompidou which finally gave me the push I needed to do some research. Because every time I was very intrigued and amazed by the engenius construction!
Fornes himself describes his works and process in these specific terms:
”Explicit and Encoded”, “Precise Indetermination”, “Progressive Geometry” all seeking “Unconventional Futures”.
It seems like his constructions are huge 3D optical illusions, since they are mostly just in two or three colors and very fluent and organic in shape. Which is of course in contrast with the very sturdy and strong materials and the studded construction. 




You can't really tell with these pictures, but the pieces are huge!!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen